If you aren’t already drooling just by looking at that picture above then you will be soon! This is my newest FAVORITE dessert for cheat day. It’s honestly amazing and from my favorite food blogger Half Baked Harvest. The best part about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make for yourself, and if you’re entertaining it’s just as easy! Everything is basically store bought and doesn’t require a lot of cooking skills at all. You’ll really sound like you have your life together too every time you say “browned butter” and mention how you made the brioche crumbs.
Cinnamon Toast Brioche Crumbs
- 4 slices brioche bread, torn or pulsed into fine crumbs (about 2 cups of crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2-5 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, to your taste, plus more for serving (so yes definitely more)
Browned Butter Grilled Peaches
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe, but firm peaches or nectarines, halved + pit removed
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. To make the cinnamon toast crumbs, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. On the baking sheet, add the breadcrumbs, butter, and cinnamon sugar, then toss to coat the crumbs. Transfer to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes, until toasted. Watch closely to ensure they are not burning.
2. To make the browned butter: Add the butter to a skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown until it smells toasted and is a deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and transfer the butter to a heat-proof bowl. Stir in the honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. The butter can be used immediately or cooled completely and stored for up to 1 week. Serve at room temperature.
3. To grill the peaches. Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil. Grill the fruit for 2-3 minutes or until light char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle/spread each peach half with browned butter. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon toast crumbs. ENJOY!